We’re really good at getting in our own way. It’s almost like we have a shut-off valve for success. Time and again, I have personally witnessed individuals successfully implement lifestyle improvements that place them on the path to better health and weight loss, only to watch them derail their own efforts and throw up barriers.
So it’s my duty to provide you with a brief service announcement before you read any further.
Don’t read the following if you don’t want easy, user-friendly strategies to lose weight and look fantastic. Implementing the following tips may lead to reduced body fat, feelings of vitality and increased energy levels, producing feelings of euphoria.
- The 85 percent rule: If you scored an 85 on a test, you’d earn a B to a B+ and feel pretty good about yourself. If you make good food choices 85 percent of the time, you’ll be consuming foods that are more nutrient-dense — such as high-fiber, low-glycemic carbs and lean proteins — which will make an immediate impact in weight loss. And you can enjoy decadence the other 15 percent of the time guilt-free.
- The water trick: At every meal or snack, take one sip of water for every bite of food. It will prevent over-eating and keep you hydrated.
- The food log: There’s nothing like accountability staring you in the face. Keep a log for a week and let it show you the light.
- Muscle confusion: The body will adjust to your current workout in four weeks. To force it to make changes that will result in more lean muscle and less body fat, confuse it. If you normally walk on the treadmill, take Zumba or try an indoor cycle class. Do anything that will make your muscles think, “What the heck just happened?”
- Work with a pro: Accountants do your taxes, roofers repair your roof and attorneys help you with legal issues. Working with a credible fitness professional will put you ahead of the curve and closer to your objective than going it alone. Why? This is what we do, and we know the safest, most effective strategies to get you past your barriers and on the path to losing weight and looking fantastic.
Please Register to Post a Comment
We'll keep you posted on the latest health-related news and events in Missouri.